Welcome to Friends of St Peters! Did you know we are the charity which raises money on behalf of the school? We are a committee of volunteers – mostly parents like you – and as such we are constantly juggling the daily demands of life whilst giving some of our time to support our school community. We meet monthly to plan the fundraising activities throughout the year and to discuss ways to invest this in our children’s development. We usually spend on a mix of experiences and resources which are not funded via the Local Authority or grants or which may require topping up to meet the total costs. Examples of what we have spent on include:
- Chromebooks so that every child in a class can use one at the same time.
- A panto – we try to do this each year.
- The Author who visited us.
- The Explorer Dome.
- The climbing and play equipment.
- The sound system.
- Reading books.
There are many ways you can help support us:
- Join the committee – we will be gentle and try not to give you too much until you are able to take on more. We are reasonable too because we know it is nigh on impossible to attend every single meeting or event!
- Help at the events – we often have people who want to help but are unable to spare the time for committee duties.
- Attend events – please support us by attending events whenever possible and maybe bring family and friends too.
- Donations – maybe your company or union could donate a prize to the raffle? Many will do matched funding or funding for specific projects so look out for our projects or speak with a committee member regarding this. Please just ask your company or union or companies for whom you are a loyal customer, the worst that can happen is they will say no!
- Easyfundraising – it really is easy and doesn’t cost anything! All you do is register on their site so that hundreds of high street and internet retailers will donate a small amount for each purchase you make. Each donation may only be pennies but believe us those pennies mount up! Here is the link https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/friendsofstpeters2/
- Ideas and suggestions – obviously we can’t do all and some may have to wait until we have appropriate resources or skills, but it is good to get new ideas or approaches.
What do you get out of joining the committee? Well mostly it is knowing you have had a positive impact upon the school – whether it be additional resources or teaching our children it is good to give what you can. As a small token of “thanks” the school also lets committee members have front row seats to performances. Why? Because there is no financial impact and it is nice to feel appreciated too!
How can you get in touch? Hopefully you recognise at least one of the names on the list of committee members and are comfortable approaching us. Currently all classes have at least one parent on the committee. Thanks for your support!
Friends of St.Peter’s Committee Members
- Jenny Ormond – Chair
- Lucy Jones – Vice Chair
- Dana Brunt – Secretary
- Alison Coward – Treasurer
- Rhys Buckley – Head Teacher
- Katie Aubrey – Committee member
- Emily Barker – Committee member
- Tracey Benn – Committee member
- Elise Bradley – Committee member
- Ann Cole – Committee member
- Charlotte Edwards – Committee member
- Ella Fotheringham – Committee member
- Rhiannon Jones – Committee member
- Zoe Martin – Committee member
- Jenny Onslow – Committee member
- Ceri Roper – Committee member
- Riz Rumfitt – Committee member
- Jane Sealey – Committee member
Shop Online? Help us out…
Just a reminder that you can raise additional funds for the school when shopping online if you register with: