All children will regularly be given work to complete at home, as well as daily reading. The purposes of homework are:
- Reinforce skills and understanding developed in school.
- Encourage children to take responsibility for their own learning.
- Raise levels of achievement.
- Develop good habits of self-discipline.
- Involve parents in their child’s learning.
- Keep parents informed of the work being done at school.
By taking an interest and encouraging your child, you will help him/her immediately.
What can parents do?
- Try to establish a homework routine.
- Make sure there is a quiet, suitable place to work.
- Check the quality of work that your child is producing.
- Talk through the tasks that have been set, and try to help with any problems.
- Sign the piece of work to show that you have seen it.
The class teacher will be very happy to help with any problems that may arise.