Friends of St Peter’s
Welcome to Friends of St Peters!
Did you know we are the charity which raises money on behalf of the school? We are a committee of volunteers – mostly parents like you – and as such we are constantly juggling the daily demands of life whilst giving some of our time to support our school community. We meet monthly to plan the fundraising activities throughout the year and to discuss ways to invest this in our children’s development. We usually spend on a mix of experiences and resources which are not funded via the Local Authority or grants, or which may require topping up to meet the total costs. Examples of what we have spent on, or provided via donations, in recent years include:
- The Play Shelter and bespoke storage in the recently renovated Early Years outdoor area.
- The storage container to replace the broken-down old sheds.
- The books and storage for the new reading scheme.
- A full class worth of Chromebooks to replace the worn-out laptops they used to share.
- Andy Seed visit – the writer who encourages reluctant readers to enjoy books.
- The Explorer Dome to bring science to life.
- Pantos to entertain.
In previous years, the climbing and play equipment, the sound system, the green screen technology, the nature area, the list goes on.
There are many ways you can help support us:
- Join the committee – each October the new committee is elected. We need a compliment of officers (the chair, vice chair, secretary and treasurer) and committee members who help with the planning and events.
- Donate any clothes or shoes which could used for the 2nd hand uniform sales.
- Recycle your clothes, bags, shoes and soft toys in the recycling bin.
- Help at the events – we often have people who want to help but are unable to spare the time for committee duties. Helpers are essential for the big events!
- Attend events – please support us by attending events whenever possible with family and friends too.
- Donations – maybe your company could donate a prize to the raffle? Many will do matched funding or funding for specific projects so look out for our projects or speak with a committee member regarding this. Please just ask your company or companies for whom you are a loyal customer, the worst that can happen is they will say no!
- Easyfundraising – it really is easy and doesn’t cost anything! All you do is register on their site so that hundreds of high street and internet retailers will donate a small amount for each purchase you make. Each donation may only be pennies, but believe us, those pennies mount up! Here is the link https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/friendsofstpeters2/
- Ideas and suggestions – if we have the skills and resources it’s great to try new things!
What do you get out of joining the committee? Well, mostly it is knowing you have had a positive impact upon the school – whether it be additional resources or teaching our children, it is good to give what you can – and the chance to meet other people who form part of the school community.
How can you get in touch? Please feel free to approach anyone on the committee. Currently, all classes have at least one parent on the committee. You can email us email@example.com Thanks for your support!
Friends of St.Peter’s Committee Members
- Abi Baskerville – Co-Chair
- Nicki Puddy – Co-Chair
- Kerry Oakhill – Secretary
- Humaira Akram – Treasurer
- Sarah Farrow – Committee member
- Lucy Jones – Committee member
- Ceri Roper – Committee member
Roles of the Committee
Shop Online? Help us out…
Just a reminder that you can raise additional funds for the school when shopping online if you register with: