New Reception 2023
A very warm welcome to our new Reception children and their families.
We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to our St Peter's family!
We will be regularly updating this page of our school website with information regarding your child starting school.
On 17 April 2023 you will receive notification of the school place offered to your child. If your child has been offered a place at our school for September 2023, please ensure you accept the place by Tuesday 2 May 2023.
Each year we organise a number of activities to inform parents and carers about the starting school process and to support the children with their transition to our school. The plan for this year is outlined below.
- Friday 18 May - A letter from Mr Smith will be sent out to all parents, welcoming them to the school, along with a data collection form to complete and return at the New Parents meeting.
- Thursday 15 June 9:15 - 10:45 - 'New Parents Meeting'– this will involve a presentation from Mr Smith with information about the school and phased intake process. You will also get a tour of the school and be able to ask any questions you may have. You will also have the opportunity to purchase selected school uniform.
- Monday 27 June / Thursday 29 June 11:00 - 12:00 – Your child is invited into school for a 'Stay and Play' session. Please note they will be allocated 1 of these dates.
- Monday 27 June / Thursday 29 June 12:00 - 12:30 – We invite your child and one parent to come into school for lunch together.
- Monday 4 September / Tuesday 5 September – The class teachers will conduct 'Home/ Garden Visits' for each child. This is optional but very much encouraged as it is a great way for the children to meet their teachers, before starting school, in an environment where they feel most comfortable. The children often enjoy sharing their favourite toy or book.
- Wednesday 6 September - Group A children will attend school in the morning - 9.00 - 11.30
Group B Children will attend school in the afternoon - 12.45 - 3.15
- Week beg 11 September – All children will be in school each morning & stay for lunch 9:00 - 1.00
- Week beg 18 September – All children will be in school full time 8:55 - 3:20
Please rest assured we will do everything we can to ensure that each child has the transition and support they need to begin their learning journey with us.
Below you will find a story about starting school, that you may wish to share with your child. Please select the PDF at the bottom of this page.
If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
Mr Paul Smith - Headteacher - Paul.Smith8@stpetersprimary.co.uk
Office - firstname.lastname@example.org